Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP]

5 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Empty Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP]

Post  Myroc Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:25 am

Final Fantasy Unleashed
A Final Fantasy Roleplay

Right, this is a work in progress. This RP is set in a Final Fantasy universe (but you could probably guess that from the title), where you get to choose one of the six classes - Fighter, Thief, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage - and go questing, dungeon delving, or whatever you like!

I'm trying to develop some rules for this RP (so it's more RPG-esque instead of just an RP). Suggestions is appreciated.

Character Statistics

HP - How much damage your character can take before getting knocked out.
MP - How much spells you can cast before needing to rest. Essentially spell "fuel".
Attack - How much damage you can inflict by a normal attack.
Defense - How much damage you can block from a normal attack.
Accuracy - How good your aim is.
Dodge - How good you are at evading attacks.
Magic Power - How effective your spells are (for example, how much your "Fira" spell deals against the enemy)
Spirit - How effective you can resist magic damage
Speed - How fast you act in combat.

Combat Rules

At the beginning of a combat, all participants roll 1d20 and add their speed to this value. This is the order of which all combatants act, highest number first.
When your turn approaches, you get to choose to either attack normally, defend, switch rows (to be explained later) or use a special ability (if you have one). If you attack, you roll 1d10 + Accuracy, and your opponent rolls 1d10 + Dodge. If your value beats the opponents value, it means you have hit and you deal damage depending on your weapon and Attack. Each weapon has a so called "Damage Formula", which is how much a damage it can deal. For example, a broadsword has the damage formula "2d6 + Attack", meaning you deal 2d6 damage plus your attack value. Also, the damage you deal is subtracted by the enemies defense.
If you have no weapon equipped, you are fighting with your bare hands. This has a damage formula of (Level/2)d6 + Attack, with the exception of Monks, who have a damage formula of (Level)d6 + Attack.
You can also fight using two weapons, by equipping an item in the Shield slot. However, the weapon equipped here deals only half as much damage. When fighting unarmed, you can "dual-wield" your unarmed attack as long as you have nothing equipped in your Shield slot.

If you defend, your Defense stat is doubled until your next turn (protective buffs and row bonuses are not doubled).

In combat, there are two rows, the front and the back. Standing in the front row means you fight as normal. Standing in the back row increases your Defense by 50%, but your Attack decreases by 50%. Some weapons, such as bows, ignore this Attack penalty. Standing in the back row is very useful for mages (except perhaps the Red mage), as they typically have low HP, and because they aren't much good attacking normally anyway.

If you are reduced to 0 HP in combat, you are Knocked Out (KO). During this state you are not Dead, but you are in no shape of fighting. You may not act in any way whilst being KO'd until the end of the combat, where you restore 1 HP. (You do not gain any experience for a combat ended while you were KO'd.)
There are a number of ways to remove the KO status in combat, of course, such as the item Phoenix Down or the White Magic spell Life. These usually restore a small amount of HP. There is nothing stopping you being killed shortly after being resurrected, so be sure to heal yourself quickly after being revived.

Magic

Three of the classes, the Black Mage, White Mage, and the Red Mage, are able to cast magic. Magic can do many things, it ranges from Fire, which deals Fire damage to one or several enemies to Haste, which increases the Speed of a target, to the extremely powerful Ultima, which deals a huge amount of damage.

There are two types of magic: Black Magic and White Magic. Black Magic is an offensive type of magic, whose existance is to cause harm to other beings. White Magic is a restorative type of Magic, which can heal wounds or improve combat statistics. There is also magic that do not fit into this category. It has no official name but most Mages call it Gray Magic. Gray Magic includes many status effects (such as reflect, haste, and slow) and can be learned and cast by all Mages.

Casting magic isn't really complicated. All magic cost a certain amount of MP to use. Whenever you cast this spell, your MP is reduced by the amount the spell requires. MP can be restored using various spells and items (such as Ether). If you don't have enough MP to pay for a spell, you can't cast it. After you have paid for the spell, its effect is resolved. When it comes to most Black Magic spells, you must target and hit with it just like a normal attack (rolling for accuracy or dodge). However, magic damage and armor is measured using Magic and Spirit instead of Attack and Defense. Most restorative spells do not have this requirement, but if someone should for any reason wish to avoid a white magic spell (such as an undead creature wishing to avoid a harmful Cure spell) they can elect to roll for accuracy as well.

-Fire (Black Magic)
MP Cost: 5

The weakest of the Fire spells, Fire deals pure and simple Fire damage to one or several enemies, in the form of a ball of flame. Fire deals Mag x2 + 1d6 Fire Damage to one enemy or all enemies. If you choose to deliver it to all enemies, the damage is spread among all enemies.
-Cure (White Magic)
MP Cost: 5

The weakest of the Cure spells, Cure heals the wounds of a target, or can deal damage to undead creatures. Cure restores Mag x2 + 1d6 HP to one or all allies or enemies. If you choose to deliver it to all allies (or enemies), the HP resored is spread among all allies (or enemies). If used on an undead creature, it instead deals as much damage as it normally would heal.
-Scan (Gray Magic)
MP Cost: 4

Scan is a simple yet effective spell. It reveals the targets current HP, max HP, and elemental weaknesses.

Items and Equipment
What good is a Fighter without his sword? Or a Black Mage without his backup knife when his MP runs out? Or the white/red mage-less party without any potions? You will most likely need a lot of items for your adventuring, ranging from weapons and armor to healing potions and ethers.

Everyone has six equipment slots. They are:

Main Hand (or Weapon Slot): This is where your weapon goes.
Off-hand (or Shield Slot): This is where your shield/other weapon goes.
Head: Helmets, wizard hats, etc.
Body: Armor and clothing.
Two Accessory slots: Miscellaneous items that provide various bonuses.

You can equip only one item for each slot at any given time (except for accessories which you can have two equipped). Most equippable items increases your Statistics. Armor enhances Defense, and shields increases Dodge, for example. Some items can give other bonuses though. Some wizard hats give immunity to the "Mute" status effect, while a certain dagger may increase your speed.

Apart from equippable items there are one-use items. Most of them are restorative items, but some can be used for offense. If used in combat, it counts as an action.

Basic Weapons Table
WeaponDamage FormulaGil costStat BonusesOther
Iron Sword1d10+ATK10N/AN/A
Iron Axe2d6+ATK10ACC - 1N/A
Iron Hammer1d10+ATK10N/AN/A
Iron Rapier2d4+ATK 10ACC + 1Finesse
Iron Dagger1d8+ATK8N/AFinesse
Wooden Staff 1d6+ATK 7MAG + 1N/A
Wooden Nunchuck1d10+ATK10N/AMonk Weapon

Basic Armor Table
ArmorBody SlotStat bonusesGil CostOther
Iron PlatemailArmorDEF +5, SPD - 117 N/A
Iron ChainmailArmorDEF + 3 14N/A
Leather ArmorArmorDEF +212N/A
Woolen RobeArmorSPR + 110N/A
Iron CapHelmetDEF + 110N/A
Wizards HatHelmetMAG + 110 N/A
Iron ShieldOff-HandDGE + 110N/A

Equipment Bonuses
Finesse - You may use your Accuracy instead of Attack when calculating damage with this weapon.
Monk Weapon - You may use your Spirit instead of Attack when calculating damage with this weapon.

Potion
A vial of a healing liquid. Useful as a backup when your White Mage dies. Restores 15 + 1d6 HP.
Tincture
A flask of a liquid that infuses more Magic into its imbiber. Restores 8 + 1d6 MP.
Accessory: Knight's Ring
A decorated iron ring with a holy symbol. When equipped, whenever a teammate has less that 1/5 HP left and is attacked, you may choose to intercept the blow, taking the damage it would cause for him.

The classes

Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Fighter
Fighter

The classical swordsman, knight or mercenary, this class is the epitome of combat. He is able to absorb a lot of damage, and also deal quite a lot in return. However, he has below-average defense against spells.
Special Ability: Dual Wield
You can wield two weapons very effectively. When wielding two weapons, the weapon in your Shield slot deals full damage instead of half damage.

Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Thief
Thief

The Thief is a very sneaky guy, adept at pilfering items from his opponents (and sometimes his friends!). He also have average combat ability.
Special Ability: Steal
All thieves like to steal. As combat action, they can choose to steal an item from an opponent. This could be an item that they already drop normally (and you want to make sure you get it), but some items can only be received from a monster by stealing. The chance of successfully stealing from a monster varies.

Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Monk
Monk

This guy is an expert when it comes to martial arts. He is capable of dealing a large amount of damage using claws, nunchucks, or even his bare hands! But his defense is below that of the Fighter.
Special ability: Unarmed Fighting
Monks are skilled in attacking with their bare hands and feet. When attacking unarmed, you deal (Level)d6 + Attack in damage, instead of (Level/2)d6 + Attack. Also, Monks suffer no damage penalty for dual wielding Claws, Nunchuks or unarmed.

Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] BlackMage
Black Mage

The ultimate tool of destruction, the Black Mage is a user of Black Magic: Magic that weakens and injures people. As a result, most of them are selfish b-stards or worse. Some remain neutral though, and often these guys go out adventuring with others. They have a capability of dealing A LOT of damage to A LOT of enemies at the same time, but they have low HP and defense. Also, they basically suck in physical combat.
Special Ability: Black Magic
You can learn and cast Black Magic.

Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] WhiteMage
White Mage

The polar opposite of Black Mages, White Mages dabble in the restorative White Magic. They are capable of healing injuries of their comrades and also improve their combat efficiency. Ironically, they make perfect teams with Black Mages because of this.
Special Ability: White Magic
You can learn and cast White Magic.

Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] RedMage
Red Mage

A Red Mage concentrates in both Black Magic AND White Magic, and is also an effective melee combatant. He can wear better armor and weapons than the Black Mage or the White mage, but they don't learn as powerful spells as the other two does.
Special Ability: Red Magic
You can learn and cast Black and White Magic. However, some more powerful spells are off limits for you, or are harder to learn.

Note: This is still a Work in Progress. You do not sign up for this RP yet. Suggestions for rules are appreciated.

Last edited by Myroc on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:43 am; edited 9 times in total
Myroc
Myroc
Offcial Comic Maker
Offcial Comic Maker

Number of posts : 37
Behavior :
Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Left_bar_bleue0 / 50 / 5Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Empty Re: Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP]

Post  Oisinroper Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:31 am

I hate that fricken game!
Oisinroper
Oisinroper

Number of posts : 30
Behavior :
Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Left_bar_bleue1 / 51 / 5Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Myroc Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:57 am

Oisinroper wrote:I hate that fricken game!
Constructive criticism please...
Myroc
Myroc
Offcial Comic Maker
Offcial Comic Maker

Behavior :
Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Left_bar_bleue0 / 50 / 5Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Captin Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:52 am

Oisinroper wrote:I hate that fricken game!
Irrelivent.

Approved!
Captin
Captin

Number of posts : 70
Behavior :

Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Knyh Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:04 pm

double approved.
Knyh
Knyh

Number of posts : 113
Behavior :

Registration date : 2008-11-30

http://www.1337.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Myroc Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:15 pm

Woah, i just realized this was here. Ah well, added some basic combat rules. Next rules addition will probably include how to use Magic.
Myroc
Myroc
Offcial Comic Maker
Offcial Comic Maker

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Captin Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:34 am

Okay, I see its uncomplete so I'll move it to the new forum. Let me know when its finished.
Captin
Captin

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Myroc Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Well, i'm really just gonna add a solid foundation, so we have a bit of "basic" rules. I'll probably add more rules even after this has started.

Anywho, gonna update this right now.
Myroc
Myroc
Offcial Comic Maker
Offcial Comic Maker

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Captin Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Myroc wrote:Well, i'm really just gonna add a solid foundation, so we have a bit of "basic" rules. I'll probably add more rules even after this has started.

Anywho, gonna update this right now.
Okay. Just make sure it complies with the rules :3
Captin
Captin

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Myroc Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Updated with some Magic rules and some spell examples.

Next to work with, some basic items and Class details.
Myroc
Myroc
Offcial Comic Maker
Offcial Comic Maker

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Myroc Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:56 am

Updated. No items as of yet, but i added some combat rules (regarding unarmed fighting and dual wielding) and special abilities for the Fighter, Thief, and Monk.

Edit: I can double post when announcing an update, right?
Myroc
Myroc
Offcial Comic Maker
Offcial Comic Maker

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Captin Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:02 am

Myroc wrote:Updated. No items as of yet, but i added some combat rules (regarding unarmed fighting and dual wielding) and special abilities for the Fighter, Thief, and Monk.

Edit: I can double post when announcing an update, right?
Hmmm... I'll allow it.
Captin
Captin

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Myroc Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:50 am

Added some miscellaneous stuff.
Myroc
Myroc
Offcial Comic Maker
Offcial Comic Maker

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Myroc Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:16 am

Updated with an "Items and Equipment" chapter. I am working on some item tables as well.

Edit: Updated with a Basic Weapon Table, Basic Armor Table, and some items. Also tweaked the damage done and HP restored by Cure and Fire.
Myroc
Myroc
Offcial Comic Maker
Offcial Comic Maker

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Knyh Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:57 am

great work.
Knyh
Knyh

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cody Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:17 am

We have our first member of 'rolepaly master'. Wink

Last edited by Cody on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cody
Cody
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 101
Behavior :

https://codyharlanunleashed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Myroc Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:44 am

Cody wrote:We have out first member of 'rolepaly master'. Wink
Change my title to "Evil Roleplay Master" and i will be very grateful.

Also, once i have worked the base rules out i may start on creating other classes as well (from the games, of course). Final Fantasy Unleashed [WIP] 410251
Myroc
Myroc
Offcial Comic Maker
Offcial Comic Maker

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Knyh Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:14 am

Good roleplay Myroc.

Nearly finished?
Knyh
Knyh

Behavior :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down